Module Code: LEED 2060
Aimed at: Level 2 & 3 Students
Module Credits: 10
Teaching Period: Module delivered twice across the year in both Semester 1 and Semester 2.
The terms “sports development” and “sports management” are widely used but without them necessarily being fully understood what this area of work actually is, how it’s conducted and where different opportunities exist.
This module will provide students who have an interest in working in this environment an overview of the sporting landscape, the different opportunities available and the skills required to succeed.
Students will develop a critical understanding of what the sports development and sports management environment looks like, the skills required to succeed and types of challenges you may expect to face. Students will then apply this understanding to develop strategies and plans to tackle key sport and development challenges.
Content on this module will include;
- What is sports development and sports administration
- The national perspective – Government, Lottery funding
- Understanding different delivery agencies
- Understand key challenges with practical examples
- Produce basic sports development plans based on a real to life situation
This module is assessed in two parts;
- Group Presentation – 50%
- Individual Project Report – 50%