Find out everything you need to know about the Cromer Terrace refurbishment.
What’s happening at Cromer Terrace?
- Cromer Terrace will be refurbished to become the new strength and conditioning hub, and home for our sports clubs and performance athletes.
- This will include a state-of-the-art strength and conditioning centre, new physiotherapy rooms and meeting space.
- The development will allow us to offer strength and conditioning support to more students and to grow our teaching and research agenda with partners across the city.
CGI image gallery
Take a look at the CGI images
Who can access the facility?
The strength and conditioning gym is for students to access coached strength and conditioning sessions – Sports Scholars, TASS athletes and LUU sports clubs with booked sessions.
The physiotherapy clinic upstairs is open to all students, staff and members of the public.
How can I book a physiotherapy appointment?
You can book to see a physiotherapist by emailing email@example.com.
How can a club enquire about booking strength and conditioning sessions?
Sports clubs can enquire about accessing strength and conditioning support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the opening times?
The opening times vary each day due to booked early morning and evening sessions. Athletes with booked sessions will have their training times communicated to them.
Who leads the services based in Cromer Terrace?
What equipment is available?
- Eight full power racks (each with a dedicated lifting platform)
- Three-lane 15m running track
- Four Wattbikes
- Four GymAware (live biofeedback of lifting velocity)
- Incline Leg Press
- 16 Olympic barbells
- Eight hex deadlift bars
- Eight barbell hips thrust stations
- Three safety squat bars
- One glute-ham raise
- Two cable machines
Equipment provider: BLK Box Fitness
BLK BOX have previously provided gym equipment to Loughborough University, Irish Rugby, Nike HQ, Aston Villa FC.