Teaching and Coaching Young People
Module Code: LEED 2009
Aimed at: Level 2 & 3 Students
Module Credits: 10
Teaching period: Semester 3
Are you thinking of a career in teaching or coaching? Not sure which one is for you? Would you like to know more about each discipline?
This module offers you the opportunity to explore each career and help you to find which is right for you.
Teaching and Coaching Young People is designed to enable students to develop their knowledge and understanding of working with children in a Physical Education and Sport environment.
This Module Will Cover:
- Teaching and coaching pedagogy and how each approach can be applied to get the best out of children aged between 5 -19 years
- Practical teaching and coaching delivery to give students the opportunity to develop their planning and delivery skills
- Delivery of a Multi Skills festival to Young People
- Observations of teachers and coaches in action
- Reflection on current skill level
- Following the completion of the modules, students will have a clearer understanding of the path they wish to take in their career
This module is assessed through a reflective log that should consider skill development and career progression.
- Teaching Lesson Plan or Coaching Session Plan
- Reflective Essay
Due to COVID-19, teaching and assessment activities are being kept under review
Students will have a range of support and access points available to them through this module.
- Individual Tutorials
- Discussion Boards
- Formative Assessments
- Consultation Hours