A 250 station gym floor with top of the line Technogym equipment.
In our newly redesigned gym (Autumn 2022) you can access the latest in cardiovascular and resistance machines. We have multiple free weight area’s including 18 squat racks! There is stretching equipment, specialist fitness equipment such as Power Plates and multiple functional areas.
Take a look around The Edge
Want to check the facilities out for yourself? Book a tour with our friendly Membership Team who will be happy to guide you around The Edge or take a look at our virtual tour right now.
Our other facilities
We’re more than just a gym. Take a look at our 25m swimming pool, sauna, climbing wall, 130 exercise classes, sports halls and cycle circuit.
Our range of equipment includes;
- Excite live range of cardiovascular equipment (Run, Synchro, Recline, Top and Climb)
- Excite live including sessions, routines, outdoor, entertainment and wireless phone charging
- Full connectivity via the Mywellness App
- New Technogym Ride bikes
- The addition of multiple cable stations (Including cable station 12)
- Selection line resistance (Including more lower body options)
- Pure Strength plate loaded equipment
- Multiples of highly utilised pieces of equipment
- All accessories and attachments
- 13 half racks and 3 full racks with coloured bumper plates and Olympic barbells
- Technogym dumbbells
- Technogym Benches
- Introduction of Skillrow, Skillrun and Skillmill lines
- Introduction of the premium and extremely versatile Outrace rig
- Technogym group cycles
The Edge gym at the University of Leeds has partnered with Technogym to create a dedicated app. The MyWellness cloud platform to makes your workout experience more personal, fun and effective and to help you to improve your lifestyle by allowing you to access your personal fitness data on the go.
Find out more about MyWellness from Technogym
MyWellness is an integrated cloud platform that enhances your workout experience by allowing you to access your personal data and favourite workout programmes wherever you are, whenever you want!
Discover how your daily activities are keeping you fit and healthy by tracking exactly what you have done each day. You can even check personal coaching tips from the comfort of your own home.
Please make sure you use the email address you have registered with your Edge membership profile.
- Student and staff members – your university email address
- Public and alumni members – the email address you first registered with us
If you have any further questions about ‘MyWellness’ please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Health and Fitness Team on 0113 343 7205.
*Users must comply with our User Terms and Conditions.
Womens Strength Training courses
Strength Training is a great way to get fit, lean and lose weight. Our Women Only Strength Training courses are the perfect opportunity for beginners or intermediates to learn techniques to improve their workouts and reach their fitness goals. Keep checking our website and newsletter for further information.
We are currently not running any courses, but please check back in the future for details of our next course.
Gym Photo Gallery
Take a look at our gym
Find out more about memberships
If you have any questions or would like to talk to us about membership options on reopening please send us a message using our enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.