Bodington Playing Fields had a £5m investment in 2017 to create world class sports facilities. It is home to The Brownlee Centre which is the UK’s first purpose-built triathlon training centre and sits alongside our new 1 mile (1.6km) Bodington cycle circuit, one of the longest in the country.
Alongside the cycling and triathlon facilities, there are a large number of sports pitches which are regularly used by students who are part of our Leeds Gryphons Sports Clubs and Social League Teams as well as staff members and the local community. Bodington Playing Fields are located just three miles north of the main University of Leeds campus and compliment the nearby Sports Park Weetwood.
Bodington Cycle Circuit
Our 1 mile (1.6km) cycle circuit is one of the longest in the country, providing a safe traffic free environment for cyclists of all abilities.
There are a number of ways to use the facility; through your local club or school or simply by attending one of our Pay and Pedal sessions. Find out more about how you can get involved below.
The cycle circuit has a range of booking options to suit everybody. Take a look at our price list below and then make a booking.
- Adult£5.00(over 16)
- Child£2.50Age 6-16
- Under 6sUnder 6s free
- University of Leeds Staff/Student£0.00
- The Edge Member£0.00included as member benefit
- 1 Adult and up to 5 Children£151 Adult and up to 5 Children
- 2 Adults and up to 4 Children£202 Adults and up to 4 Children
Conditions of use
In order to safely use the Cycle Circuit at Bodington Playing Fields, you must adhere to the Conditions of Use.
Cycle Circuit Safety and Conditions of Use
- Any people using this facility do so at their own risk.
- Cycle sessions are not supervised by the University of Leeds.
- In an emergency, call security on 0113 343 2222 and request immediate assistance.
- The University of Leeds takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to any equipment at the facility.
- It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that his or her bike is fit for purpose.
- Helmets must be worn at all times and must conform to a recognised safety standard (helmets are available for hire, please see price list).
- Always enter the circuit via the gates, look left and look right before entering.
- Circuit users must travel in an anti-clockwise direction, keeping left.
- Always check over your shoulder before overtaking or leaving the circuit.
- When overtaking, pass with at least one arm’s length.
- Food cannot be consumed on the circuit. Please use bins provided for disposing of litter.
- Use of the facility whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not permitted.
- No motorcycles allowed on the circuit.
- Please report any damage, broken glass or debris to reception.
The Brownlee Centre
The Brownlee Centre is named after Alistair and Jonny Brownlee, two of the most successful triathletes of their time and two of the University of Leeds’ most successful sporting alumni. The Brownlee Centre is the UK’s first purpose-built triathlon training centre and is the permanent home for the world leading Leeds Triathlon Centre, of which the University of Leeds is a key partner. You can find out more about Triathlon at The University of Leeds on our Triathlon webpage.
The Brownlee Centre boasts 14 changing rooms for users of all the facilities at Bodington Playing Fields alongside a new top floor social space with meeting room and balcony.
The Bodington Playing Fields have numerous sports pitches which are regularly used by University staff and students as well as local community clubs.
Pitches for the following activities are available:
- Ultimate Frisbee
If you would like to enquire about booking a pitch then please contact email@example.com
If you are looking for a location to hold a corporate event such as a team building day then we would be happy to help. We have a large indoor meeting space as well as plenty of outdoor space for group activities. Catering can also be provided and the facilities are easily accessible, located just off the ring road in North Leeds. Complete our online booking form to make an enquiry.
If you would like to hire the whole cycle circuit please fill in the form below and our team will be in touch with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call reception on 0113 3431222 or 0113 3430631.