GOGA Share The Love Run Relay for staff – w/c 14th February
Our popular virtual run relay is here again! We’ve had a little break and now we’re back with another run relay exclusively for our staff members.
Join our 20-minute fun run relay and discover the network of joggers and runners within the University staff community. You don’t have to be a running expert to take part; all running abilities are welcome.
Whilst our run relays of course have a competitive element, we place emphasis around participation, social connection and wellbeing and inspire the group to be supportive and encouraging to all.
The Share The Love Relay rules are simple:
- The run relay is hosted on MS Teams.
- Each relay team consists of 6 people. We will allocate you to a team which will be mixed ability – you don’t have to run or jog quickly; the emphasis is on the taking part and having fun! We encourage you to create your own themed team names once you are grouped.
- The first person from each team then has around 24 hours from 00:00 on Monday 14th February to complete a 20-minute run. They post evidence of their 20 minute run, the distance covered in that time and selfies on the Share The Love Run Relay chat in MS Teams to notify their next teammate that they’re up. You can use a fitness tracker to measure your time and run or apps such as Strava or MapMyRun.
- Once a person has finished their stint, the next person will then complete their run and post the details on Teams, and so on until all team members have taken part. The relay finishes at 3pm on Friday 18th February. All runners must have finished and posted their evidence by this time.
- The team covering the furthest distance overall “wins” the relay.
There are some bonuses available to help motivate you and get your team to the finish line.
- 0.25km bonus for a selfie wearing something pink and/or red
- 0.25km bonus for a selfie with your ‘loved one’ – it could be a person you admire (with their permission, of course), a pet, a book, a type of food or drink, gaming device etc.
- 1km bonus for the team with the best name (as judged by the organisers)
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be in the photo if that’s not your thing.
If you’re not yet convinced to take part, have a read of the following quotes from previous Run Relays:
“The relays are always great fun – I love seeing all the photos!”
“The relays are a really great way to engage and know that there are ways to connect with others outside of work whilst still being among colleagues. Thank you for all your efforts.”
“I’ve done two run relays with the University. It’s really helping with my healthier lifestyle.”
Hopefully this will give you the motivation to get outside whatever the weather and is a great chance to virtually “meet” people whilst keeping yourself active.
Sign up now!
Joining the run relay is easy – please fill in this short form by 5pm on Wednesday 9 February. You will then be added to the Share The Love Run Relay chat on Teams in time for the challenge to begin.
If you’ve got any questions, please get in touch! We’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.