A vibrant pizza creation featuring a sweet potato crust topped with flavorful beetroot passata and nutty almond pesto.
- 200g whole almonds (or walnuts)
- ½ clove of garlic
- Pinch salt
- Enough olive oil to cover halfway up almonds
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Toast the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool then add all ingredients to a blender and pulse into a rough paste. Taste and adjust salt as desired.
- 2 small beetroots, cooked and peeled
- 80ml passata
- Glug of good quality olive oil
- Sea salt + fresh ground black pepper
- Slice one of the beetroots and set aside, then blend the other with the passata, olive oil and seasoning until you have a smooth thick sauce.
Pizza base and toppings:
- 500g sweet potato
- 2 cups oats
- Large pinch sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Glug of good quality olive or rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 12 tsp dried rosemary
- 10 or so cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of rocket
- Preheat oven 200c
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and cook until very soft, 20-30 minutes, then drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, process the oats into flour using a high speed blender.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and stir in the oat flour, seasoning, herbs, and a glug of olive oil and mix well until you have a smooth dough. It will be rather sticky.
- Tip the dough onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper, and smooth out using wet fingers or use a rolling pin over a sheet of baking paper to approx 1.5cm thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove from the oven, layer with the passata, sliced beetroot and cherry tomatoes, before baking for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh rocket and drizzled with almond pesto, olive oil, and sea salt.