- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pineapple juice (could be leftover from a tin of pineapple)
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- A pinch of black pepper
- Serving accompaniment such as roasted vegetables and couscous (as pictured)
- Preheat the grill to 180⁰C.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, pineapple juice, cajun seasoning, lemon juice, chilli powder and ginger until combined.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Pour 3/4 of the marinade over the salmon and leave to marinate for about 10mins.
- Grill the salmon for approx. 5mins, then pour half of the remaining marinade over the salmon.
- Grill for a further 5 mins until cooked all the way through and flaky (it may take longer if it is a larger fillet).
- Once the salmon is cooked, pour over the remaining marinade.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and couscous or stir fried vegetables and noodles or boiled rice.