A tantalizing dish combining crispy roasted potatoes, hearty lentils, and a zesty sauce infused with pickled chili and coriander.
- 750g baby potatoes, cut in half, or waxy potatoes in bitesize chunks
- 150g dried beluga lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper
Coriander and pickled chilli sauce:
- Large bunch coriander
- 1-2 garlic cloves, to taste, roughly chopped
- 2 pickled green chillies
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 100g blanched almonds, soaked in boiling water for 30 mins, then drained
- 2 tbsp good quality olive or rapeseed oil
- Large pinch sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 limes, juiced
Lime wedges and coriander leaves, to serve.
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Toss the potatoes with a good glug of oil and a large pinch of salt + pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in salted boiling water according to packet instructions until tender (12-15 mins).
- For the sauce, reserve a few coriander leaves then blitz all the ingredients with 150ml water and the juice of one lime until smooth. Add a splash more water if the sauce seems too thick or isn’t blending well. Taste for seasoning, adjust the level of lime juice and salt as desired.
- Once the potatoes are roasted, stir the lentils into the roasting pan and return to the oven to reheat while you gently heat the coriander sauce in a pan until steaming hot.
- Serve the potatoes and lentils with a spoonful of sauce over the top, a squeeze of lime and a scatter of coriander leaves.