Our Red Pepper and Garlic Houmous is as tasty as it is colourful! Team it up with a warm pitta and/or falafel and you have a delicious Middle-Eastern inspired lunch.
- 210g tin of chickpeas
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the garlic and chop up the pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20/30 minutes (until soft).
- In a food processor or blender, add the roasted garlic and red peppers, olive oil and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor/blender (it may take a few minutes as hummus has a thick consistency so be patient!).
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Tip: You can serve this delicious hummus with warm pittas and half a lime for an extra zing!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3 days.