A zesty twist on traditional hummus, featuring the herbaceous freshness of dill and the savory notes of black olives.
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 2 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ clove garlic, grated or crushed
- 20g dill (small bunch)
- Approx. 10 pitted black olives
- Pinch sea salt (if needed)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas but reserve the liquid.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor or use a stick blender in a tall container and pulse until you have a rough paste, adding some of the reserved chickpea water until you reach a desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired- you will probably find that the olives add enough salt.