A vibrant, flavorful dish combining the nuttiness of black rice with tangy tomatoes and refreshing orange accents.
- 200g black rice
- 650g cherry tomatoes (or other sweet tomatoes), halved
- 300g onions, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ orange, cut into 1cm pieces, skin still on
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 100g kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 75g whole almonds
- Large pinch sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven 190c
- Put everything except the black rice and almonds into a large deep roasting tray, season and stir well.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes until sticky and luscious.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions until tender.
- Once the veggies are roasted, stir the cooked rice into the roasting tray, taste for seasoning and adjust as desired. Scatter the almonds on top then return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes to toast the nuts.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.