This moist, chocolatey treat is made without animal products and is perfect for a sweet, plant-based indulgence.
- 4 overripe medium bananas
- 145g buckwheat flour (or wholewheat flour)
- 50g ground hazelnuts (or ground almonds)
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 65g agave or maple syrup
- Tahini and banana chips to serve
- First make the flax eggs in a small bowl.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl until fairly smooth, then whisk in the flax eggs with the oil, agave syrup and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground nuts, bicarb, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together and then mix in the banana mixture until well combined.
- Scoop into a lined loaf tin and bake for 35-45 minutes until a knife comes out almost clean.
- Top drizzled with tahini and banana chips or fresh fruit.
Store in a fridge and consume with 2-3 days.