It’s so important for us to stay active. It can be so easy not to do much, especially if you spend most of your time working at a desk and sitting for long periods. Making sure you stay active will help to improve your physical and mental health massively. Here are a few reasons why:
- Mentally it will release endorphins, which are those feel-good hormones that are released when we do exercise. It offers a sense of achievement for the day as well.
- Physically it will help to promote joint, bone and muscle health, reducing aches and pains. It will also improve your circulatory system, boosting the health of your heart and lungs, and overall it can prevent health issues developing or worsening such as heart disease, diabetes, depression and more.
Tips of structuring some activity into your daily life
- Try to do some mobility, stretching and strengthening regularly. Our 15 minute virtual posture sessions are a great way to do this.
- Set some time each day or every other day to spend 30 minutes being active, add this time in like a meeting so you have it in your diary and don’t forget. It could be a walk, some stretching or something more intense.
- Arrange a regular meet up with someone and do some exercises or activities together for motivation!
View our wellbeing page for more helpful tips and resources to benefit your mental and physical wellbeing.