The 2020 Sports Colours Awards went virtual on Wednesday 29 April!
The awards usually consist of a sit down dinner in The Refectory, but due to current circumstances we had to change our plans.
Instead, we hosted the event via our Instagram stories, with over 1000 people tuning in on the night! We celebrated another fantastic year of sport and all of our student’s successes too. It was a great collaboration with our friends at Leeds University Union and we thank them for delivering a great event.
We can now reveal the winners of each award category are:
- Social Leagues Team of the Year – Development Netball
- Gryphon Leadership Award – Phillipa King
- Sue Jacklin Club Coach of the Year – Will Tsang (Kickboxing & Krav Maga)
- Mike Brook Performance Coach of the Year – Paul Matthews (American Football)
- Mike Brook Most Improved Team of the Year – Ice Hockey C
- Chris Hatton Award for Most Improved Athlete – Rosanna Crabb La-Hei (Rowing)
- Most Improved Club of the Year – Pool & Snooker
- Committee Member of the Year – Charlie Pindar (Men’s Hockey)
- James Burke Team of the Year – Men’s Football 1s
- Roberts Award for Most Outstanding Athlete – Matt Brigham (Rowing)
- Club of the Year – American Football
A huge well done to all the people who were nominated, shortlisted, highly commended and of course, the winners.
We hope you enjoyed the event. You can look back on a great year of sport by watching our montage video below.
View this post on Instagram