750g Baby potatoes, cut in half, or waxy potatoes in bite size chunks
150g Dried beluga lentils
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt + pepper
For the coriander and pickled chilli sauce
Large bunch coriander
1-2 Garlic cloves, to taste, roughly chopped
2 Pickled green chillies
2 Tsp freshly grated ginger
2 Tbsp tamarind paste
100g Blanched almonds, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes, then drained
2 Tbsp good quality olive or rapeseed oil
Large pinch sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
1-2 Limes, juiced
Lime wedges and coriander leaves, to serve.
- First preheat the oven to 200C
- Toss the potatoes with a good glug of oil and a large pinch of salt + pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils in salted boiling water according to packet instructions until tender (12-15 mins).
- For the sauce, reserve a few coriander leaves then blitz all the ingredients with 150ml water and the juice of one lime until smooth. Add a splash more water if the sauce seems too thick or isn’t blending well. Taste for seasoning, adjust the level of lime juice and salt as desired.
- Once the potatoes are roasted, stir the lentils into the roasting pan and return to the oven to reheat while you gently heat the coriander sauce in a pan until steaming hot.
- Serve the potatoes and lentils with a spoonful of sauce over the top, a squeeze of lime and a scatter of coriander leaves.