We’re putting on our very own Gryphons Virtual Relay Race during lockdown! Open to all Gryphons clubs, enter a team of 6 to start on Monday 23rd November.
Clubs enter a team of 6 to run a virtual relay race. Clubs can enter multiple teams if they have lots of people interested in taking part. Register your team by 5pm on Thursday 19th November at this link.
The first person from each team has 24 hours from 09:00 on Monday 23rd November to complete a 20-minute run.
They post their run time, distance covered and selfies in the Gryphons Virtual Relay Facebook Group, to notify their next teammate that they’re up.
You can take a screenshot or send a link from your chosen app (e.g. strava) or a picture of your smart watch screen is fine as well.
Once a person has finished their stint, the next person has 24 hours in which to complete their run and post the details in the facebook group, and so on until all team members have taken part.
The team covering the furthest distance overall “wins” the relay.
There are bonuses which give teams extra distance, for example:
- 0.25km bonus for a selfie with a Gryphon theme
- 0.25km for the best team name
- 1km bonus for the team that finishes the relay first
- Please be mindful of the current rules on social distancing when completing your run & take extra care when passing other pedestrians. Be respectful of the need for social distancing (current guidelines 1 metre plus) and acknowledge that people are a bit anxious at the moment and may be startled by someone running towards them at full speed.
- If your route involves crossing roads please take extra care and slow down. It will only cost you a few seconds to stay safe.
- If running after dark stick to well lit, public routes and wear a bright colour or high vis to ensure you can be seen by vehicles.
*Please don’t pause your activity trackers, we want the event to be fun and fair. Use the elapsed time to track your run.