Customer service excellence is at the heart of what we do and we’ve just received official accreditation for it! At Sport and Physical Activity, we want everyone who comes into contact with the services we deliver to receive an excellent and memorable customer experience.
Sport and Physical Activity is part of the University of Leeds’ Commercial and Campus Support Services (CCSS) and has achieved Customer Service Excellence ®, a government standard that recognises an organisation’s commitment to putting customers first. The Service was particularly praised by the accreditation assessor for achieving “eight Compliance Plus awards,– an amazing achievement for a first assessment!”
Head of Sport and Physical Activity, Suzanne Glavin said: “We as a Service are delighted to have acknowledged, through this accreditation, our customer-centric approach to providing excellent services. We are particularly pleased that the inspection has highlighted our efforts to include as many students, staff and local community as possible, in supporting them to be active and engage in sport in the way that they want to take part”.
The Customer Service Excellence ® standard challenges organisations to examine their service in relation to 57 criteria that have been shown to influence customer satisfaction. CCSS achieved a significantly positive result, receiving ‘Compliance plus’ for eight standard criteria, the most criteria that any first time participating organisation, for this accreditation, has ever received.
The Service was praised for:
- In-depth understanding of its current and potential customers
- Customer insight about customer groups to better understand their needs and preferences.
- Particular efforts to identify hard-to-reach and disadvantaged groups and individuals
- Reliable and accurate methods to measure customer satisfaction.
- Analysing and publicising satisfaction levels of its customers
- policies and procedures that support the right of all customers to expect excellence levels of service.
- We have made arrangements with other providers and partners to offer and supply coordinated services
- Developed coordinated working arrangements with our partners that ensure customers have clear lines of accountability for quality of service.
Richard Hamilton, Customer Service Excellence Manager commented: “Following well-coordinated preparations, CCSS at the University of Leeds was completely ready to complete its assessment against the national quality mark for excellence in customer service. This was a large project, requiring consistency across several diverse services. The outcome has provided a great opportunity for CCSS to celebrate its excellent practice and respond positively to the areas identified for development. Working with CCSS has been a pleasure for the Centre for Assessment – many congratulations on your impressive achievement.”
Read further about how we deliver customer service excellence.