If you’ve always wanted to be involved with the greatest sporting event in the university calendar, you can! So how does it work?
Each runner and volunteer will score a point for their University, the University with the most points wins parkrun Varsity.
When? Saturday 30th September, 8.30am
Where? Woodhouse Moor
How? Register with parkrun then simply turn up on the Saturday morning wearing your University colours to take part. Staff, students and alumni are welcome. parkrun is a 5km run which you can take as slow or as fast as you like. If you are keen to get involved but can’t run, don’t worry, you can volunteer for your University and you’ll still count towards your universities total. There will be 3 funnels after you’ve finished, you simply need to make your way down the funnel allocated to your University and hand in your token.
Who wins? You will only score a point for your university if you register and wear your University colours. The University with the most participants (runners and volunteers) will be the parkrun Varsity champions!
Helpful Information for on the day
- Register beforehand
- Print off and bring your barcode
- Leave bags and coats at the finish line not the start line
- Get to the start line for 8:50am
- Please listen carefully during the run briefing
- It’s a run not a race, you’re an ambassador for your university. Please be considerate to other runners and park users
- Wear your university’s colours, GREEN for Uni, PURPLE for Beckett.
- Try to seed yourself on how fast you think you’ll be able to complete the run
- Cross the finish line the third time it comes into sight
- After crossing the finish line stay in order until given a finish token
- Get your barcode and finish token scanned at your University-specific scanning station