Are you bored of the same old soggy sandwiches for lunch? Then try our vibrant cous cous salad packed with crunchy vegetables!
- 40g couscous (dry weight)
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 1 tbsp. of hummus
- ½ lime or lemon
- Vegetables of your choice – cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, spinach, red onion, peas, grated carrot
- 20g feta or goats cheese
- 1 tbsp. of chopped nuts or seeds e.g. walnuts or sunflower seeds
- Cover the couscous in double the quantity of boiling water (or follow pack instructions).
- Chop up the vegetables into small chunks.
- Stir the vegetables, cheese, hummus and nuts/seeds through the couscous and squeeze over the lime juice as a dressing.
- Serve with the toasted pitta bread.
- Tip: for an even tastier combination why not add in alternative ingredients such as cooked chicken breast, tuna, chickpeas, kidney beans or crumbled falafel?