Strength and Conditioning Coach
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- UKSCA ASCC (Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach)
Past Coaching Experience:
- Taekwondo Coach at Harrogate Taekwondo Club
- Sports Coach at Sporting Influence
- Senior Strength and Conditioning Intern at University of Leeds
- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at Southern Academy of Sport
- Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Development Squad at Great Britain Taekwondo.
Past Athletic Experience:
- Played football at NCAA Division 1 University in USA on a scholarship.
- Played football at academy level for North Yorkshire Girls Centre of Excellence (now Regional Talent Centre), North Yorkshire Ladies and York City Ladies.
- 2nd dan black belt in Taekwondo, multiple time British TTA Taekwondo Champion in sparring and patterns and trained with the TTA England Taekwondo Squad.
I’ve been involved in playing and coaching sport from a young age. I started out volunteering to coach my local taekwondo club and coaching sport in primary schools at Sporting Influence, alongside playing football and taekwondo.
I then had the opportunity to focus more on playing football, where I earned a scholarship to play soccer at an NCAA Division 1 University in the USA. This was my first exposure to being a student-athlete training 20+ hours per week, where I also received strength and conditioning support. It was the combination of this support, my experience in America, sustaining multiple injuries, and my past experiences in coaching, that got me interested in strength and conditioning coaching.
What I enjoy most about strength and conditioning is supporting student-athletes to grow as people and applying scientific principles to support their performance. I’m passionate that student-athletes have a positive experience and are well supported during their time as a student-athlete when studying, playing, sustaining an injury and in their transition after university/sport.
In my free time, I co-founded Sport Science Insider, where we provide free sport science content that is user-friendly, evidence based and actionable to athletes, students, and coaches. I also lead the S&C support for Great Britain Taekwondo’s Development Squad