This delicious banana bread is great as something a little sweet after dinner or as a snack when you’re out and about being active. With gooey dark chocolate and sweet chewy dates, it’s sensational in texture as well as taste!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. honey (use golden syrup for vegan version)
- 50g oats
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 50g pitted dates
- 50g dark chocolate (for vegan version, ensure you buy vegan dark chocolate)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C and lightly grease a loaf tin.
- Peel the bananas and cut into chunks, before mashing with the back of a fork.
- Add the olive oil and honey to the mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Chop the dates and dark chocolate into small chunks.
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder, dates and dark chocolate to the mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin and cook for 15mins. After 15mins, cover the banana bread with a large piece of greaseproof paper, place back in the oven and cook for a further 15mins. This will prevent any dates on the surface of the bread from burning.
Place in an airtight container and consume within 2-3 days (if it lasts that long!)