The Brownlee Centre
Our 1 mile (1.6km) cycle circuit is one of the longest in the country, providing a safe traffic free environment for cyclists of all abilities.
There are a number of ways to use the facility; through your local club or school or simply by attending one of our Pay and Pedal sessions. Find out more about how you can get involved below, or view the timetable and make a booking.
Our school cycling programmes are designed to provide curriculum focus cycling activity for primary and secondary school children. Through these programmes schools are provided with qualified British Cycling coaching staff, bikes and helmets. For further information, please contact Oliver Hylands (Triathlon and Cycling Programme Coordinator): O.Hylands@leeds.ac.uk
Available for Booking
The cycle circuit is open year-round for external group hire including cycling events, duathlons, running events, corporate team building activities and private training sessions. For more information and to make an enquiry please complete the online booking form.
The cycle circuit has a range of booking options to suit everybody. Take a look at our price list below and then make a booking.
Conditions of use
In order to safely use the cycle track at Bodington Playing Fields, you must adhere to the Conditions of Use.
Cycle Circuit Safety and Conditions of Use
- Any people using this facility do so at their own risk.
- Cycle sessions are not supervised by the University of Leeds.
- In an emergency, call security on 0113 343 2222 and request immediate assistance.
- The University of Leeds takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to any equipment at the facility.
- It is the responsibility of the rider to ensure that his or her bike is fit for purpose.
- Helmets must be worn at all times and must conform to a recognised safety standard.
- Always enter the circuit via the gates, look left and look right before entering.
- Circuit users must travel in an anti-clockwise direction, keeping left.
- Always check over your shoulder before overtaking or leaving the circuit.
- When overtaking, pass with at least one arm’s length.
- Food cannot be consumed on the circuit. Please use bins provided for disposing of litter.
- Use of the facility whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not permitted.
- No motorcycles allowed on the circuit.
- Please report any damage, broken glass or debris to reception.
The Bodington Playing Fields have numerous sports pitches which are regularly used by University staff and students as well as local community clubs.
Pitches for the following activities are available:
- Ultimate Frisbee
If you would like to enquire about booking a pitch then please fill out our online booking form.
If you are looking for a location to hold a corporate event such as a team building day then we would be happy to help. We have a large indoor meeting space as well as plenty of outdoor space for group activities. Catering can also be provided and the facilities are easily accessible, located just off the ring road in North Leeds. Complete our online booking form to make an enquiry.
Make a booking
Ready to make a booking? Fill in the form below and our team will be in touch with you shortly.