OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Leeds Hyde Park Football Club is a community football club in the local area. The club has an inclusive ethos aiming to give as many young people as possible opportunity to enjoy playing football. The club is rapidly growing with over 250 children registered and 5 teams in the Garforth league. The club prides itself on its community feel and how it integrates the student and local community with many active student volunteers.
Training sessions take place on Saturdays with age groups from under 6 to under 14. The club welcomes volunteers who would like to be involved with coaching or supporting with club administration, promotion or fundraising. Volunteering at Leeds Hyde Park Football Club is very rewarding and offers fantastic opportunities to gain management roles with university students occupying key roles in the club leadership including Vice-President.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate, organise and implement the football training program during term time
- Contribute to the development of the training program
- Represent Leeds Hyde Park Football Club in a positive manner and act as a role model for the children
- Provide feedback from your sessions to the management team
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for children to enjoy playing football
- Additional responsibilities are available for volunteers who would like to be involved in organising community and fundraising events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- An enthusiasm and passion for facilitating young people’s enjoyment of sport
- Experience of working with children or coaching sport is desirable
- Be willing to embrace the clubs inclusive and welcoming ethos
- Able to commit to assisting the club for at least one full university term
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent people skills and an ability to build rapport with children and parents
- A DBS check
Leadership, Communication, Teamwork, Organisation, Session Planning, Independent working, Time Management, Working with children & young people.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
Leeds Hyde Park Football Club is committed to developing the skills of their volunteers and is able to offer committed volunteers:
- Subsidised coaching qualifications
- Access and transport to West Riding FA CPD courses
- First Aid and Safeguarding Training
- Regular coaching support with planning and delivery via debriefs
REWARD & RECOGNITION
Leeds Hyde Park FC greatly appreciates the time and skills of all its volunteers. All volunteers will be eligible for the following:
- A coaching top to wear whilst delivering sessions
- The opportunity to progress and gain management positions within the club committee, enhancing skills and employability
- Subsidised or fully funded Football Association (FA) qualifications depending on duration of commitment to the club
- Travel expenses for away games and events and expenses for any additional coaching materials
Ideally you will be able to commit to deliver sessions throughout the university year. Training sessions take place on a Saturday and league fixtures on a Sunday. You would not be required to commit to both days but regular commitment to either Saturday or Sunday would be desirable. There is flexibility and if you are not be available every weekend, simply provide your availability in advance. If you are likely to find weekend commitment difficult there are administrative roles that can be carried out in your own time so please get in touch with to the management team.
- This is an external role and volunteers will be responsible to the Leeds Hyde Park Football Club Management Team
- You will require a DBS check
- For more information or to apply contact Adel Chermiti on email@example.com