Head of Rowing
- MSc. & BSc. Sport and Exercise Science
- Level 2 (Level 3 pending) certificate in coaching rowing
- Level 3 Tutor and Assessor
Past Coaching Experience:
- Performance Para-Rowing Coach for Welsh Rowing
- Coach Development Officer for Welsh Rowing
Past Athletic Experience:
- Played Rugby as a junior for Coalville RFC where the team won the Leicestershire county cup
- Whilst a junior I represented Loughborough Students at Henley Royal Regatta twice in student events
At the age of 16 whilst studying at Loughborough College, I took up rowing with Loughborough University. Throughout my time at university at Sheffield Hallam, I coached alongside participating in club rowing. Once I graduated I began my career as a rowing coach with the Welsh national squad and worked to develop clubs and coaches across Wales before moving back to Yorkshire to work here at Leeds.
What I enjoy most about rowing is that it’s never boring despite the repetitive nature of the rowing stroke. There is always something to work on and always changes to try within the programme to get the best out of athletes. There is also such diversity within the club, ranging from beginners who have never rowed before to those who have been rowing for a long time or from social rowers who train every other week to performance rowers training over 10 times a week.