Campus Discovery is an exciting activity and it’s now free for all students!
What is it?
Campus Discovery is for all new students at the University of Leeds. It provides you with an opportunity to explore the campus and discover essential places for your academic studies, points of interest and useful shortcuts in a fun self-guided campus tour.
How does it work?
- You navigate your way to various locations using the Get Out, Get Active app which can be downloaded on all Apple and Android devices. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you will be prompted to register. Please follow the instructions on screen.
- Once you’ve started the discovery, at each location you are presented with useful information (including website links) to help you learn about that location.
- At the end of the discovery you receive feedback about the number of steps and distance you have travelled.
What does it look like?
- Once you have registered/logged onto the app, click the ‘Campus Discovery’ icon at the top of the screen under ‘featured’. Click the button ‘go explore’ to begin the activity.
- Once on this event, you will see a map with several green dots. These are the locations on campus to discover
- Select your starting location by clicking on it to begin, hit the button ‘start discovery’ and walk to this location using route guidance to support with navigation if you wish (if you enable route guidance, it will show you a route to follow to arrive at the location. This feature can be turned on/off depending on your preference)
- When you arrive at each location, the image and details of the location appear. Click the button ‘found location’ and follow the instructions on screen
- Continue until you have discovered all of the locations on the map. You will receive feedback about the number of steps and distance you have travelled at the end.
Download this PowerPoint presentation to see photos of what the activity looks like on the app.
Please note that we recommend you complete this Campus Discovery activity independently or with those within your household/support bubble. Please ensure you’re following the latest local and national guidelines with regards COVID-19.
Please note the following whilst completing this activity:
- Please carry a face mask with you and antibacterial hand gel
- Building sites are out of bounds
- Please ensure you are considerate to all other campus users
- Please be careful and pay attention if crossing car parks, cycle lanes and precinct roads
- Emergency/first aid procedures
- Call for a First Aider:
- Each school/ service has its own way of calling first aiders – look out for information and posters on how to do this in your area. If in doubt, shout for one!
- If an ambulance is needed:
- Call 999* first so they can help you and the casualty immediately. (*Dial 9 for an outside line first if you’re calling from an internal University landline.
- Then tell Campus Security if you’ve called for an ambulance:
- Tell them you’ve called for an ambulance by calling 0113 34 32222 (x32222) so they can assist and direct the ambulance to you through our complex campus.
- Call for a First Aider:
We’d love to hear about your Campus Discovery experiences. Share your photos with us by tagging us on Instagram.
If you have any questions about this activity, please get in touch: email@example.com