The Edge has launched its own set of SWIMTAGS.
Now as a newly registered SWIMTAG pool, we are able to offer our members this wearable technology that tracks your progress, lengths, and timings in the pool.
How does it work?
SWIMTAG is a fantastic way to see your swim. The system tracks the number of lengths you complete, split times, stroke type and rate and thus allows you to monitor other statistics, such as average pace, distance per stroke, calorie burn, and rest percentage.
Key features include:
- Challenges – Take part in an epic swim and watch your progress as you move along the map
- Competitions – Swim the set distance and stroke time to find your place on local and national leaderboards
- Goals – Create a personalised swimming goal that you can monitor to push yourself in the pool
- Personal Bests – Log your best times for various strokes and SWIMTAG will notify you when you beat them
- Training Plans – Follow a set training plan and watch your strokes improve
- Swim Mates – Share your progress and see how your friends are doing
Strap a band on, record your swim, then log in online to view the results! The homepage keeps you up to date with all of your latest achievements and will notify you of new PB’s, competition and challenge updates.
SWIMTAG can even be integrated with some of your favourite sporting apps. Export your swims to the likes of:
MyWellness Cloud / MYZONE / Apple Health App / fitbit / RunKeeper / STRAVA /
LFConnect / Facebook / TrainingPeaks / MYZONE
You can also import swims tracked using SWIMTAG to the Apple Health App and Garmin Connect to keep all of your activities logged in one place.
What does it cost?
SWIMTAG is FREE to use for all of our Edge members at the moment! As the scheme becomes more popular, we hope to get even more bands and open the opportunity up to non-members too.
How do I get started?
Next time you’re in for a swim, stop by reception and ask for a SWIMTAG band. All we ask is that you hand over your membership card in exchange to ensure the bands are returned.
Your membership card is swiped to unlock each band and links your swim to your account.
When you log in online, sign up using your long membership card number and select your home pool as The Edge, then all of your swims will be there waiting for you!