Over the last 12 months, we have been working hard on improving and shaping our Leeds Sport leadership and volunteer offer for our students. This has led to an expansion and growth in our programme that we are excited to share with you.
The Leeds Sport leadership and volunteer programme now boasts;
- Increased number of scholarships and academy places
- Real world sport development and leadership roles
- Extensive community sport volunteer programmes
- Our international programme Gryphons Abroad
- Free training and bursaries to set volunteers on their way
- Dedicated mentoring and employability support to help you get the most out of your volunteering
In response to student demand, we have put together a week of activities to present and promote our wide range of programmes. Over the course of the week, students will have the opportunity to speak with leaders out in the field, find out more about the volunteer opportunities that exist and boost their CV through their participation in sport.
The information below outlines the sessions on offer and how to book your place.
- Monday 20th March – Baines Wing SR (2.10) – 4-5:15pm – Real Life Leadership- Our partners, Squire Patton Boggs, will present what leadership looks like in the ‘real’ job and outline what students need to do to stand out from the crowd. (Sign Up Link: https://goo.gl/5bDtcS)
- Tuesday 21st March – Roger Stevens LT 08 (9.08) – 4-5pm – Leeds Sport Volunteer Session – Come and meet Andy, to chat about all the opportunities available to you next academic year. (Sign Up Link: https://goo.gl/5bDtcS)
- Wednesday 22nd March – Baines Wing SR (2.16) 11-12pm – CV through Sport – Play, volunteer or coach sport? Want to know how to make it pay in the graduate world? Then come along to our mini workshop to find out how sport can make you a hot property! (Sign Up Link: https://goo.gl/5bDtcS)
If you require more information or just want a chat, please contact Andy Lockwood via email.