Kate Petty, from the Health and Wellbeing team, shares a simple protein pancake recipe.
Fancy treating yourself to pancakes but still want to hit your protein goals? These protein pancakes are the perfect way to kick start your day. They’re easy to make and can be topped with anything you have in the kitchen- from fresh fruit to peanut butter and honey.
Prep time: 5 mins Cooking time: 10 mins Quantity: serves 1
- 50g oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder (we used vanilla)
- 100ml of your choice of milk (dairy or plant based)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil or butter to cook
Some of our favourite toppings include: peanut butter, honey, greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and nuts.
- Put all of the ingredients together in a blender and blend until mixed
- Put a little coconut oil or butter into a frying pan and turn onto a high heat. When melted and the pan is hot, pour some of the pancake mixture into the pan (just smaller than your palm size) and turn the heat down to low/medium. Wait until you see bubbles forming on the pancake surface and then flip the pancake and cook the other side for a couple of minutes until browned
- Repeat step 2 until you have used all of the batter. Serve up and enjoy!