These easy-to-make raw & vegan coconut treats are the perfect option any time you’re craving a sweet snack.
Makes: 12 balls
- 250g desiccated coconut
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk (do not shake)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 350g melted vegan dark chocolate
- Scoop out 300ml of the thick coconut milk/cream and empty into a bowl.
- Add the desiccated coconut and maple syrup, and mix to combine.
- Using your hands, mould the mixture into approximately 12 balls, and place in freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Melt vegan dark chocolate in the bowl over the hot steam.
- After the balls have set in the freezer, place them on a cooling rack, and gently pour dark chocolate over the top to cover them (top and sides).
- Put the rack in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Gently turn the coconut bars over, and cover the bottom and any remaining white parts with more chocolate. You want the balls completely covered with chocolate.
- Place the balls in the freezer for a further 5 minutes, before tucking in!
Store them in a fridge or freezer and consume with 2-3 days.