- 3 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp orange juice (or squash if that’s all you have in!)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey (sugar also works well)
- 1 tsp chili flakes (you can also use chilli puree or fresh chili)
- 1cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. lime or lemon zest
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp. all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 courgette, sliced
- 3 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl or plastic tub.
- Add the salmon and coat with 3/4 of the marinade, then leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, wash the sweet potato and prick it numerous times with a fork.
- Microwave the sweet potato on full power for 3 mins. until slightly softened, then cut into cubes.
- Mix the sweet potato cubes with the olive oil and all purpose seasoning until they are completely covered.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for around 15 mins until soft on the inside.
- Place salmon on silver foil and and re-coat with the remaining marinade (leave a little marinade to add to the vegetables).
- Grill using a medium heat for 15 minutes or until it just flakes away.
- Once the salmon is almost cooked, stir fry the vegetables with olive oil for 5mins. before adding the remaining marinade and stir until it caramelises.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.