- 1 sweet potato
- Topping of your choice (see below for some ideas)
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C.
- Prick the sweet potato a few times with a fork.
- Pop in the oven on a baking tray for and cook for 45 minutes.
- Alternatively, if you are in a rush: microwave the sweet potato for 5-10 minutes first and then bake for 10-20 minutes in the oven until soft in the centre.
- Tinned tuna
- Baked beans (look out for reduced sugar and salt)
- Coleslaw (make your own healthy version)
- Mediterranean twist: feta cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
- Hummus and roasted vegetables
- Cottage cheese
- Chilli con carne (see other recipe) and a dollop of sour cream
- Ratatouille – just cook some courgette, mushrooms, peppers and onion in a pan with a tin of chopped tomatoes and some herbs!