This vibrant curry is packed with flavour and is also super easy to make. Make a big batch, enjoy a portion for dinner and then pop the rest in the freezer to save for a later date!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red chilli or 1 tsp. red chilli puree
- 1 tsp. medium curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas in water
- Vegetable stock cube
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into small chunks. Place into a pan with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn the potatoes down to a medium heat and cook for 7mins (until soft), drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion, garlic in a pan until brown.
- Add the chilli and cook for a further 2mins. Alternatively, if you are using chilli puree, stir in until the garlic and onion are coated.
- Add the curry powder, cumin and turmeric, mix and cook for a further two minutes.
- Turn the pan down to a medium heat.
- Stir in the tin of chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and sweet potato.
- Swirl the empty tin of from the chopped tomatoes with water, removing the excess from the sides and add the tomato-y water to the pan.
- Stir the vegetable stock cube into 200ml of boiling water until it has dissolved.
- Add the vegetable stock to the curry and stir thoroughly.
- Allow the curry to simmer for 15-20mins on a low heat.
- 5 mins before serving, mix in the spinach.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!