RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification (with AED)
Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry. The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is now universally recognised as the industry standard. This course will prepare you to become a lifeguard working in a leisure environment where teamwork is an everyday necessity.
What you will learn:
- Knowledge of water safety and pool emergency practices.
- Understanding the principles of the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans.
- Knowledge of pool rescue equipment.
- Practical rescue skills.
- Practical and theoretical CPR skills.
- Practical and theoretical first aid knowledge and skills.
You must be able to consecutively:
- Jump or dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 200 meters continuously, 100 meters on their front and then 100 metres on their back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool.
- Climb out unaided without ladder or steps and where the pool design permits.
*As part of the course, you will attend a pre-course swim test here at The Edge. This is so we can make sure you meet the pre-requisites required to complete this course.
Who should attend:
- Anyone over 16 years of age who is able to complete the pre-requisites outlined below.
What opportunities does this create?
The NPLQ qualification will enable you to seek work in the leisure industry, holiday parks and private hotels with swimming pools.
14th-15th, 21st-22nd, 28th-29th March 2020
9am-5pm all days.
Price: Was £225, now only £202.50! (Discount only available in the month of November).