RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification (with AED)
Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry. The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is now universally recognised as the industry standard. This course will prepare you to become a lifeguard working in a leisure environment where teamwork is an everyday necessity.
What you will learn:
- Knowledge of water safety and pool emergency practices.
- Understanding the principles of the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans.
- Knowledge of pool rescue equipment.
- Practical rescue skills.
- Practical and theoretical CPR skills.
- Practical and theoretical first aid knowledge and skills.
You must be able to consecutively:
- Jump or dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 200 meters continuously, 100 meters on their front and then 100 metres on their back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool.
- Climb out unaided without ladder or steps and where the pool design permits.
*As part of the course, you will attend a pre-course swim test here at The Edge. This is so we can make sure you meet the pre-requisites required to complete this course.
Who should attend:
- Anyone over 16 years of age who is able to complete the pre-requisites outlined below.
What opportunities does this create?
The NPLQ qualification will enable you to seek work in the leisure industry, holiday parks and private hotels with swimming pools.
March 2020 – This course is now closed.
Next course – TBC