Cooking curry doesn’t have to be time consuming or scary; our quick curry recipe is simple to make and only takes a short time to prepare!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 diced chicken breasts or vegetarian alternative
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 courgette, chopped into chunks
- 3 mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. Rogan Josh curry paste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. medium curry powder
- 1 tsp. cajun powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 bag kale or spinach
- 1-2 tbsp. Garlic and Herb Flavoured Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the chicken (or vegetarian alternative) and cook until white throughout.
- Add the onion and fry until slightly translucent.
- Next, add the courgette and cook for several minutes, before adding the mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat as you add the chopped tomatoes, 200ml water, tomato puree, curry paste and spices.
- Bring to boil, mix in the kale and honey, then simmer for 15 mins (or until slightly thickened).
- Once thickened stir in the cream cheese and cook for a further 5mins.
- Serve with rice, couscous, or a pitta bread and hummus.