A quick, easy and cheap pizza recipe which tastes great and contains 1 of your 5 a day. A tasty option for lunch or dinner this recipe is super student-friendly.
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 3-4 tbsp. of tomato passata (add squirt of tomato puree for a more intense flavour)
- 1 handful of diced mushrooms
- 1/2 a pepper, sliced
- 1 handful of spinach
- 15g of shredded cheese (e.g. mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the pitta in half and toast in the toaster or under the grill.
- Sauté the chopped mushrooms and pepper in a shallow frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 2mins.
- Spread the passata onto the toasted pittas, top with the sautéed vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 mins until the cheese is melted, then plate up and enjoy!