Level 2 Award in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
Strength and Conditioning are growing in popularity thanks to its use of resistance training and endurance conditioning to enhance and improve performance. This qualification will teach you through the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching strength and conditioning for sport. The course includes how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate strength and conditioning linked to sport coaching sessions for participants of all ages.
What you will learn:
- How to coach and design speed, movement and agility programmes for athletes of all sports.
- How to plan a basic strength, hypertrophy and power programme for an athlete.
- How to develop your coaching skills to be an effective practitioner.
When can this qualification be used:
- To gain employment as a strength and conditioning coach for sport.
- To complement your existing skill set in your fitness instructor or personal training role.
- To develop your CV for employment in the sport, recreation and allied occupations industry.
- As a progression towards the Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- To gain exposure to the Strength and Conditioning Network
- To act as REPs CPD points.
You are required to have a valid First Aid certificate completed within three years prior to the course start date. If you aren’t first aid qualified, we offer the following courses at the University:
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone over the age of 17 with an interest in the principles of coaching strength and conditioning.
30th November-1st December 2019 & 14th-15th December 2019
To find out about other dates available, please email our coach education team using the details at the bottom of this page.
Price: Was £320.00, now only £288! (Discount only available in the month of November).
If you have any questions please contact Rachel Harrison, Coach Education Co-ordinator:
T: 0113 343 0211
We have other courses available! Check them out HERE