Head of Swimming
- MPhys Theoretical Physics with a specialism in fluid dynamics
- L2 Swim Coach
- L2 Swim Teacher
Past Coaching Experience:
- Assistant Performance Coach for the University of Leeds
- Head Development Coach for the University of Leeds
- Head Coach for Rossington Swimming Club
- Junior Development Coach for Doncaster Dartes
Growing up in Doncaster I was always near a pool and have not left one since. I started out as a volunteer poolside assistant at my first swim club (for which I later became head coach) and worked my way up becoming a Level 2 Swim teacher in 2012. I then came to the University of Leeds and fell in love of the idea of working with performance and university athletes of all abilities and knew that this was what I wanted to do in the future.
Whilst at University I completed a Masters in Theoretical Physics with four modules and my dissertation in fluid dynamics, so you could say I know a bit about water. It was during this time that I completed my Swimming Coaching qualifications as well as being the assistant performance coach for the swim team.
What I enjoy most about swimming is its calming nature and ability to push yourself to physical and mental limits that people don’t think they can do.