As far as pasta recipes go, we think our Tomato and Cheese Gnocchi recipe is a bit of a showstopper! Easy to make and super tasty it’s a great option for when you have guests over, or if you just fancy a nice midweek meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g pack gnocchi
- 1 ball mozzarella, torn into chunks
- A handful of basil
- Pre-heat the grill to 180⁰C.
- Heat oil in a pan, and then add the onion, garlic and pepper. Soften for 5 min.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, gnocchi and basil, then simmer for 10-15 min.
- Transfer to a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Grill for 5 min until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Sprinkle with basil, serve and enjoy!