Foundation I Coach Programme
This course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to assist a qualified coach in a coaching session and create a safe, enjoyable, and welcoming player-centred environment.
The course is part of the Coach Education programme for Yorkshire. Candidates should have the following in place before the course begins): ECB DBS, be at least 18 years of age.
NOTE: There will be online activities which include a Safeguarding Young Cricketers course and some online modules which will be completed before the face to face elements of the course begin.
What you will learn:
- The role of a coach support worker
- How to ensure that cricket sessions are safe
- How to prepare players for cricket sessions
- Different types of practice
- How to adapt coaching sessions depending on the practice type and the ability of the players
- How to deal with poor behaviour
- How to create an environment where children want to return
Who should attend:
Individuals aged 18 or over who wish to assist ECB qualified coaches in the delivery of high-quality practical cricket coaching sessions within a club environment.
February 2020 – FULL
Next date – TBC
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about future course dates. You can also sign up below for information about future courses: