There are so many variations of toppings and ingredients you can add to porridge but this one is ideal for anyone who loves the taste of chocolate! With chewy dates and crunchy seeds it is also a tantalising mixture of textures.
Vegan (When non dairy milk is used)
- 250 ml semi skimmed milk or non-dairy alternative such as almond, soya, rice, coconut, or hazelnut milk
- 5 tbsp. oats
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- Pumpkin seeds (or any other seeds or nuts for a bit of crunch)
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- Mix the oats, milk, honey and cocoa powder together in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes, stir, and then microwave for another minute.
- Remove the pits and chop the dates into small pieces.
- Add the chopped dates, coconut, pumpkin seeds and peanut butter to the mixture.
- Microwave for a further 30 seconds to melt the peanut butter and warm the dates
- Mix and enjoy!