SEQ Level 1 Award in Teaching Swimming (Assistant)
This vocational qualification offers a practical learning programme which will challenge you while providing you with the skills and confidence needed to assist a qualified swimming teacher.
Note: there are no formal entry requirements for this course and individuals are not required to have any prior coaching experience.
What you will learn:
- Knowledge, skills and understanding of safe and ethical principles for effective teaching practices in aquatics.
- Knowledge and skills needed to actively support a more senior qualified teacher in the delivery of a pre-prepared session within an aquatic environment.
- Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport
- Understanding the principles of planning coaching activities in sport
- Understanding the principles of conducting coaching activities in sport
- Understanding the principles of evaluating coaching activities in sport
- Planning teaching activities in aquatics
- Conducting teaching activities in aquatics
- Evaluating teaching activities in aquatics
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and learners are not required to have any prior experience of coaching. Must be 16 years or older.
Candidates must attend every day of the course.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who are 16 years or older and would like an introduction to teaching in the aquatic environment
- Individuals seeking further career progression within their area of work
- Individuals aiming to progress towards the Swim England Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Swimming
- Individuals who can already swim (able to swim confidently in the deep end of a pool they cannot stand up in)
*We are not currently running any swimming courses at this time*.
9am – 5pm each day
If you have any questions please contact Rachel Harrison, Coach Education Co-ordinator:
T: 0113 343 0211
We have other courses available! Check them out HERE