4 Overripe medium bananas
145G Buckwheat flour (or wholewheat flour)
50G Ground hazelnuts (or ground almonds)
60G Cocoa powder
1 TSP Bicarbonate of soda
1 TSP Baking powder
1 TSP Cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
60ML Melted coconut oil
2 TSP cider vinegar
65G Agave or maple syrup
Tahini and banana chips to serve
- First preheat the oven to 180C
- Make the flax eggs in a small bowl.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl until fairly smooth, then whisk in the flax eggs with the oil, agave syrup and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground nuts, bicarb, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together and then mix in the banana mixture until well combined.
- Scoop into a lined loaf tin and bake for 35-45 minutes until a knife comes out almost clean.
- Top drizzled with tahini and banana chips or fresh fruit.