If you’ve always wanted to be involved with Varsity and help your University score those all important varsity points, now you can! So how does it work?
Each runner and volunteer will score a point for their University, the University with the most points wins parkrun Varsity!
When? Saturday 1st October, 8.30am
Where? Woodhouse Moor
How? Register with parkrun then simply turn up on the Saturday morning wearing your University colours to take part. Both staff and students are welcome! Parkrun is a 5km run which you can take as slow or as fast as you like. If you are keen to get involved but can’t run, don’t worry, you can volunteer just turn up in your colours and you’ll still score a point for your University. There will be 3 funnels after you’ve finished, you simply need to make your way down the funnel allocated to your University and hand in your token.
Who wins? You will only score a point for your university if you register and wear your University colours. The University with the most participants (runners and volunteers) will be the parkrun Varsity victor!
Helpful Information for on the day
- Register beforehand
- Print off and bring your barcode
- Leave bags and coats at the finish line not the start line
- Get to the start line for 8:50am
- Please listen carefully during the run briefing
- It’s a run not a race, you’re an ambassador for the University of Leeds. Please be considerate to other runners and park users
- Wear your university’s colours, GREEN for Uni, PURPLE for Beckett.
- Try to seed yourself on how fast you think you’ll be able to complete the run
- Cross the finish line the third time it comes into sight
- After crossing the finish line stay in order until given a finish token
- Get your barcode and finish token scanned at your University-specific scanning station
- Our Get Out, Get Active team have recently set up their own run club so if you’d like a club to run for, please select Get Out, Get active – Uni of Leeds run club when you sign up.