Excited to get back to The Edge?
Read on to find out how to book your visit.
Upon reopening, you will need to book your visit to The Edge here.
Until further notice, our facilities will only be available to those with an Edge membership. If you are interested in becoming a member, you can find more details on our membership pages.
Upon reopening, you will be able to book the following per-day:
- 90-minute gym session
- 60-minute lane swimming session
Exercise classes, squash courts, sports halls and the climbing wall will be unavailable to book until further notice.
Where to book?
Members can book here. If you’ve ever booked an exercise class in The Edge, it’s the same process to book a gym or swim session.
How do I make a booking?
- Visit our Bookings Page
- Log in (using the information provided)
- Select ‘classes’ in the search box.
- In the activity drop-down list, select ‘Lane Swim’ for swimming and select ‘Gym Space Covid’ for the gym or ‘Gym Premium Only‘ if you have a premium membership. You can also choose from a range of exercise classes.
- Select the dates and times you would like to book for and then click search. Members can book up to 2 days in advance, bookings open from 6am in the morning.
- Add to your basket, confirm that you accept the Terms and Conditions by ticking the box and click ‘Checkout‘.
- Finally, you will see a summary of the booking you have selected. To confirm the booking is finalised, you must click on the ‘Confirm Bookings‘ link. You will receive a confirmation email which we ask that you bring with you along with your student card or membership card.
- Remember to check out our reopening page for the latest information about your visit. The FAQs at the bottom of the page have specific information about each activity.
We will provide further information on how to book other facilities such as the sports halls or squash courts as soon as they are available again.
How to register and log on?
Student and Staff Edge Members
- No registration required.
- From the homepage, select the Log On link located on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your University username followed by @leeds.ac.uk (e.g. email@example.com) and your University password (the same details you use for accessing the University’s wireless network – Eduroam). You can now make bookings!
Alumni and Public Edge Members
- All other Edge Members must first register a new account before logging in.
- Once registered, just log in with the username and password. If you have forgotten your login, you can reset your username and password on the log on page.
- If you haven’t registered yet, just follow the instructions below.
How to Register an account:
- From the homepage, select the Register link located on the right-hand side of the page
- Fill out all of the fields on display. Please check the Registration notes below if you are unsure what to put
- Click Register
Activate your account:
- Confirm the answer to your security question
- Enter and confirm your desired password
- Click Activate
- Congratulations, you are now logged on and ready to start making bookings!
- Please ensure you use an email address that you check on a regular basis. In addition to the account activation email you will receive, this email address will also be used for booking confirmations and re-activation links in the event that you forget your password.
- You can find your membership card number on the front of your Edge membership card.
How Do I Cancel A Booking?
- You may cancel a pre-booked class or activity booking online, provided that the class/activity has not commenced.
- Click the Account history tab to view your booking history. Use the tabs and drop-down list to locate the class/activity you wish to cancel. Click the delete icon next to the class name/activity to cancel your booking. Your booking will be instantly removed from your booking history.
Any more questions?
The following documents are designed to help you use the Online Booking System
If you are still having difficulty with your booking please contact us, we will be happy to assist you.