Excited to get back to The Edge? Read on to find out how to book your visit.
When we reopen from the 7th September you will need to book your visit to The Edge, you won’t be able to attend without a booking. Pay-as-you-go is unavailable at the present time, however, we are currently looking at ways we can safely manage booking for non-members and we will confirm when bookings will be available. This also includes customers with a pay-as-you-go book of swim tickets. If you are interested in a membership, you can find more details on our membership pages.
From the 7th September you will be able to book the following on our website:
- 60-minute lane swimming session
- 90-minute gym session
- An exercise class
From the 28th of September, you will then be able to book squash and there will be limited bookings available in our sports halls. Swimming Lessons will return from the 2nd November, and we will update you on the climbing wall reopening as soon as we are able.
Where do I book?
Members can book an activity online at https://sportsbookings.leeds.ac.uk/OnlineBookings. If you’ve ever booked a class with us before, it’s exactly the same to now book a session to swim or go to the gym.
How do I register and log on?
Student and Staff Edge Members
Student and Staff Edge Members do NOT need to register.
- From the homepage, select the Log On link located on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your University username followed by @leeds.ac.uk (e.g. email@example.com) and your University password (the same details you use for accessing the University’s wireless network – Eduroam). You can now make bookings!
Alumni and Public Edge Members
- Alumni and Public Edge Members must first register a new account before logging in.
- If you have already registered, just log in with the username and password you set up your account. If you have forgotten your login, you can reset your username and password on the log on page.
- If you haven’t registered yet, just follow the instructions below.
I have an alumni or public membership and I haven’t used the system before, how do I register?
How to Register an account:
- From the homepage, select the Register link located on the right-hand side of the page
- Fill out all of the fields on display. Please check the Registration notes below if you are unsure of any entry
- Click Register
Activate your account:
- Confirm the answer to your security question
- Enter and confirm your desired password
- Click Activate
- Congratulations, you are now logged on and ready to start making bookings!
- Please ensure you use an email address that you check on a regular basis. In addition to the account activation email you will receive, this email address will also be used for booking confirmations and re-activation links in the event that you forget your password.
- You can find your membership card number on the front of your Edge membership card.
How do I make a booking?
Booking a session in the pool, gym, or a class can be done online in the same way as you would usually book a class. We will soon be launching a new app that will make booking even easier – the app will also have lots of great virtual workouts, including live-streamed classes, and the ability to track your workouts. We will let members know as soon as this is available to use.
- Visit: https://sportsbookings.leeds.ac.uk/onlinebookings
- Log in (using the information above)
- Click ‘classes’ in the search box.
- Select the activity from the drop-down list, for swimming select ‘Lane Swim’, for the fitness suite select ‘Gym Time All Members’ or ‘Gym Premium Only‘ if you have a premium membership, or find the relevant class you’d like to book.
- Select the dates and times you would like to book for and then click search. Members can book up to 2 days in advance, bookings open from 6am in the morning.
- Add it to your basket and confirm that you accept the Terms and Conditions by ticking the box and click ‘Checkout‘.
- Finally, you will see a summary of the booking you have selected. To confirm the booking is made you must click on the ‘Confirm Bookings‘ link. You will receive a confirmation email of your booking, please bring this with you on your visit along with your student or membership card, and remember to check out our reopening page for the latest information about your visit. The FAQs at the bottom of the page has specific information about each activity.
We will provide further information ahead of the 28th of September with how you can book other activities such as the sports halls and squash.
How Far Ahead Can I Book?
Swimming, the gym and classes can currently be booked two days in advance. Bookings will be available from 6am. The first sessions will be available from the 5th September.
How Do I Cancel A Booking?
- You may cancel a pre-booked class place or activity booking online, using your Account history, provided that the class/activity has not commenced.
- Click the Account history tab to view your booking history. Use the tabs and dropdown list to locate the class/activity you wish to cancel. Click the delete icon next to the class name/activity to cancel your booking. Your booking will be instantly removed from your booking history.
Still have a question?
The following documents are designed to help you use the Online Booking System
If you are still having difficulty with your booking please contact us, we will be happy to assist you.