This homemade crunchy granola is easy to make, packed full of fruit and is a much healthier option than any you’ll see on the supermarket aisles. Give it a try this Healthy Week and have for breakfast or a snack.
Homemade fruity granola
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 50 mins or until golden brown Quantity: depends how you’re having it. Around 4-6 servings with milk/yoghurt but if you’re having as a topping on porridge it will last you a lot longer!
- 300g oats
- 100g dried fruit (we used a mix that contained sultanas, cranberries and apricots)
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 20g desiccated coconut (we also added some coconut shavings)
- 20g nuts, chopped (we used almonds and walnuts)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (could change to maple syrup if vegan)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan. Line a large rectangular baking tray with grease proof paper
- Place the oats, seeds, nuts, cinnamon, honey and vanilla extract into a bowl
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the bowl, mix well
- Pour onto the baking tray and flatten with the back of a spoon
- Cook for 20 minutes and then take out and give it a stir to ensure it’s cooking evenly
- Bake for a further 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Stir in the dried fruit and coconut and let the granola completely cool before breaking it up and transferring it to an airtight container