GOGA Love & Pancakes Run Relay for staff – w/c 15th February
126 staff members from across the university campus took part in our Resolutions run relay last month. Staff members committed to the resolutions themed bonus and we saw many pledging that they’d like to read more, increase their physical activity, learn new recipes and lots more during the year of 2021.
Join our 20-minute fun run relay and discover the network of joggers and runners within the University staff community. You don’t have to be a running expert to take part; all running abilities are welcome.
Whilst our run relays of course have a competitive element, we place emphasis around participation, social connection and wellbeing and inspire the group to be supportive and encouraging to all.
The Love & Pancakes Relay rules are simple:
- Each relay team consists of 6 people. We will allocate you to a team which will be mixed ability – you don’t have to run or jog quickly; the emphasis is on the taking part and having fun! We encourage you to create your own themed team names once you are grouped.
- The first person from each team then has around 24 hours from 00:00 on Monday 15th February to complete a 20-minute run. They post evidence of their 20 minute run, the distance covered in that time and selfies on the Love & Pancakes Run Relay chat in MS Teams to notify their next teammate that they’re up. You can use a fitness tracker to measure your time and run or apps such as Strava or MapMyRun.
- Once a person has finished their stint, the next person will then complete their run and post the details on Teams, and so on until all team members have taken part. The relay finishes at 3pm on Friday 19th February. All runners must have finished and posted their evidence by this time.
- The team covering the furthest distance overall “wins” the relay.
There are some bonuses available to help motivate you and get your team to the finish line.
- 0.25km bonus for a selfie wearing something pink and/or red
- 0.25km bonus for a photo of something associated with pancakes
- Yorkshire Runner voucher awarded to the individual who has progressed the most with their running since the previous run relay (this will be calculated based on distance covered in the relays)
- 1km bonus for the team with the best name (as judged by the organisers)
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be in the photo if that’s not your thing.
If you’re not yet convinced to take part, have a read of the following quotes from participants of the Resolutions Run Relay:
“Many thanks team for organising! It was great fun and encouraged me to do my first run of 2021”
“Yes, once again this was fun and thanks for organising. I really realised with this run that running makes me feel a lot better so I have actually decided to start running more regularly. Already run twice more since this run. I would not have done that without this relay!”
Hopefully this will give you the motivation to get outside whatever the weather and is a great chance to virtually “meet” people whilst keeping yourself active.
Sign up now!
Joining the run relay is easy – please fill in this short form by 10am on Thursday 11th February. You will then be added to the Love & Pancakes Run Relay Teams chat soon after.
If you’ve got any questions, please get in touch! We’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.