GOGA Autumn themed Run Relay for students – w/c 16th November
As the winter draws in, it’s more important than ever before to make sure you take time out of your studies for a wellbeing break.
A new opportunity is here for all students living in university residences to join our 20-minute fun run relay and discover other like-minded joggers and runners within the student community. You don’t have to be a running expert to take part; all abilities are welcome.
The Autumn Relay rules are simple:
- This run relay is for students living in university residences. If you don’t live in a university residence, don’t worry, if this is successful we’ll be hosting a wider all student run relay soon!
- Each relay team consists of 6 people. We will allocate you to a team which will be mixed ability – you don’t have to run or jog quickly; the emphasis is on the taking part and having fun! We encourage you to create your own themed team names once you are grouped.
- The first person from each team then has 24 hours from 00:00 on Monday 16th November to complete a 20-minute run. They post their run time, distance covered and selfies on the Autumn Run Relay chat in MS Teams to notify their next teammate that they’re up.
- Once a person has finished their stint, the next person has 24 hours in which to complete their run and post the details on Teams, and so on until all team members have taken part.
- The team covering the furthest distance overall “wins” the relay.
There are some bonuses available to help motivate you and get your team to the finish line.
- 0.25km bonus for a selfie with an autumnal tree or fallen leaves
- 0.25km bonus for a selfie with something orange
- a Yorkshire Runner voucher for the most creative orange selfie (as judged by the number of likes/reactions on the photo in the run relay chat)
- 1km bonus for the team that finishes the relay first
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be in the photo if that’s not your thing.
At a time of year when we would usually be meeting lots of new people, this is a great chance to virtually “meet” other students with a shared interest.
Joining the run relay is easy – please fill in this short form by 5pm on Wednesday 11th November. You will then be added to the Autumn Run Relay Teams chat.
If you’ve got any further questions, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to announce that the Get Out, Get Active run club is back! The sessions take place on a Tuesday and Thursday lunchtime at 12:05pm. Please note that you must sign up in advance, you’re unable to just turn up on the day. To read more information and to sign up, click here.