On Saturday 4th November the first ‘Mindathlon’ (mindful triathlon) in the UK is happening here in Leeds, as part of Leeds Wellbeing Week 2017.
With the support of Sport & Physical Activity, The University of Leeds this holistic event focuses on wellbeing and health, rather than only on the physical aspect of fitness. Instead of the traditional Triathlon, the Mindathlon is designed to encourage people with any level of fitness to take part.
Following a 5k run as part of Woodhouse Moor Parkrun, participants will be able to enjoy free access to the state-of-the-art Edge facilities on the University of Leeds campus for a 30 minute yoga session and 30 minute guided mindfulness.
With the high correlation between mental and physical wellbeing it is vital to look after both elements of your health. This event relates perfectly with the ‘5 ways of wellbeing’ developed by Action for Happiness, a charity that fights for a happier world:
– Connect with others – meeting up with new people from all across the city
– Be active – with the 5K run/walk and the yoga warm up
– Keep Learning – and discover new practices like Mindfulness
– Take notice – and be fully in the moment for the whole duration of the ‘Mindathlon’
– Give – all profits of the ‘Mindathlon’ will go to Leeds MIND Charity!
This Mindathlon is free to enter, with all donations and sponsorships going to Leeds MIND.
Registration begins at 8:45am at Woodhouse Moor Park. Don’t miss out!