After careful consideration, in the context of increases in our operational costs such as energy and staffing, we will be making some small changes to our membership prices from the 1st of August 2017.
The new membership prices are shown below:
|Student Monthly||Staff Monthly||Alumni Monthly||Public Monthly|
|Edge Club Premium||£32.00||£37.40||£43.20||£49.00|
|Edge Club Extra||£27.30||£31.80||£40.60||£43.60|
|Student Annual||Staff Annual||Alumni Annual||Public Annual|
|Edge Club Premium||£287||£403||£475||£538.50|
|Edge Club Extra||£244||£350||£448||£479|
Please note monthly payment prices will change automatically from 1st of August 2017. If you have a live annual membership this will not be effected until the end of your membership when these new prices will be in place for your next renewal.
New This Year!
In line with our vision to continuously improve your experience in the coming year, we have a number of exciting new developments for 2017/18:
- Ready for July, we are investing in four brand new Technogym Climb machines in the Fitness Suite
- Our exercise class timetable will have even more new additions this September
- More classes over lunchtimes and teatime. Coming to the gym floor this September: new High Intensity Functional Training classes. 30 minute fast classes of sweat-inducing moves to improve your strength, stamina and speed
- We will be launching a new state-of-the-art virtual studio where you can train with a virtual instructor in the class of your choice at the time of your choice
- We will be expanding our Edge course provision even further
We will also continue to review the cleaning arrangements at The Edge, alongside maintaining the use of all our facilities. A review is also underway to assess supply and demand for facility provision with the aim of increasing the space available and improving access to existing space.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued custom and hope you continue to enjoy your membership at The Edge. All your membership money goes back into investment across The Edge and Sport & Physical Activity.
Success in 2016/17!
Here is a reminder of some of the exciting improvements we have made over the last year to improve your membership experience and value for money:
- Extended our weekend opening hours
- Added new and more exercise classes to our timetable such as; Bokwa, Tai Chi and Phyio
- Opened a new £5 million Cycle Circuit at Bodington playing fields offering free use as an Edge member benefit
- Offered new women’s only gym sessions
- Introduced full body analysis assessments at a reduced rate for members
- Launched new Edge courses such as squash, kettle bells and self-defence
- Introduced a new Junior Swim Club for your children
- Selected a new cleaning contractor
- Our Cost of Sport project invested £350k directly into the University of Leeds Gryphons Sports Clubs and Social League participants to reduce the cost of participating in sport for individual students at Leeds.
- Invested £100k into refurbishing the Leeds Gryphons Strength and Conditioning Suite
- Provide an extended Physiotherapy service for staff and students at Cromer Terrace